Helping Ammerdown continue to touch people's lives
As a charity, most of our income is generated from the charges we make for the hire of our facilities and for participation in our courses.
However, because we try to keep our rates as low as possible, our budget is always tight. Donations by guests and supporters are therefore a tremendous help in enabling the Ammerdown Centre to:
- Run regular ‘pampering’ days for local carers to give them a well deserved break in beautiful surroundings;
- Offer reductions and bursaries to people on low income.
- Assist charities and organisations that work with and support vulnerable and marginalised people in society groups by offering them discounted rates on our hospitality;
- Offer fee reductions to charities and groups involved in interfaith dialogue, peace-building and conflict resolution;
- Offer Ammerdown’s facilities to local schools that are looking for a quiet and spiritual space to take their pupils away for retreat-type events;
- Fund improvements to the comfort of guests, both indoors and outdoors, that we would normally find difficult to afford (for example, new books for the library, new items of furniture or plants for the garden).
Our quarterly Supporters’ Newsletter often gives examples of how Ammerdown has proved a blessing to our visitors and guests.